"I wonder what it would be like to be a Marist Brother?"
The Contact Program is designed to help you explore and discern your own calling to be a Brother and to help determine if Marist is the “best fit” for you. Considering becoming a Marist Brother is based on the following criteria:
- young adult to late 30’s
- having a desire to know, love, and serve God
- having an ability to get along with others and to live in community
- having a willingness to deepen your prayer life
- showing an enthusiasm to serve others joyfully, especially young people
- being a practising, baptised and confirmed Catholic
- having a willingness to undertake tertiary study
Men who ask to join the Contact Program do so because they want to know more about our Marist way of living Brotherhood. The Contact Program is flexible and can last anywhere from 2-3 years while a person is completing a degree or continuing in his current employment.
The Contact Program provides discerners with a variety of opportunities to explore what living a Brother's way of life looks like. These include: attending discernment retreats and weekends, participating in solidarity experiences, taking part in Community immersion experiences, monthly accompaniment with a Brother from the Vocations Team.